Better Brain - Be the best you can be!
RSS Become a Fan

Autism and Neurofeedback
Bedwetting
Brain chemicals
Brain scans
Challenging behaviours
Cognitive training
Control your brain, control your weight
Dementia
Drugs
How does neurofeedback work
Improve your life
Neurofeedback
Neurofeedback and PTSD
Neurotherapy and ADHD
Neurotherapy and Autism
Neurotherapy and peak performance
Neurotherapy and sleep
NFB & Chemo brain
Other Biofeedback
Peak Performance
Stress
Supplements that boost your brain
Trauma
Your brain
YouTube video's on Neurotherapy
powered by

My Blog

Turmeric for a healthy brain / Memory boost

Turmeric for a Healthy Brain: Part II
March 28, 2012 By Ruth Buczynski, PhD
Have you had your turmeric yet this week?In a recent post, I talked about the neuroplastic possibilities of curcumin (a brain-boosting chemical in turmeric) for slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease.Did that convince you to start eating it? If not, consider this my second attempt.Slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease isn’t the only benefit from eating turmeric.We were curious and so did a PubMed search. We came across so many other important studies on curcumin that we had to share some of them with you.Let’s start with some more brain benefits.A randomized, controlled study published in the journal PLoS ONE looked at the neurogenetic potential of prolonged curcumin use.Neurogenesis is the process by which neurons are created in the brain, including in the hippocampus (one of the centers of neural learning).Researchers led by Z. Zhao out of the Key Laboratory of Brain Functional Genomics, Shanghai, China looked at performance and brain growth in rats after 6 and 12 weeks on a curcumin-fortified diet.(I hope those sweet rats got something tasty.)The result?Curcumin enhanced memory (both spatial and non-spatial), as well as hippocampal cell growth compared to rats in the control group.But in addition to brain health, curcumin has been linked to:
  • The slowing of prostate tumor growth (S. A. Shah et al. Cancer Research, 2012)
  • Prevention and treatment of tendinitis (C. Buhrmann et al. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2011)
  • Increasing the effectiveness of drugs used to fight colon, neck and head cancers (I. Aroch et al. Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology, 2010 and W. M. Abuzeid et al. Archives of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 2011)

29 Comments to Turmeric for a healthy brain / Memory boost:

Comments RSS
Follow this on Saturday, 2 June 2012 8:23 AM
My grandmother has an Alzheimer’s Disease and I'm a bit glad because I found your blog that tackles about this disease. Now I know how will I help my grand-mama about her sickness. Thanks!

best ipad keyboard on Friday, 7 September 2012 4:55 PM
Thank you for you can provide the information china wholesale

Syma RC Helicopter on Monday, 24 September 2012 5:36 PM
Your post is very good. Thank you, very good study, let me benefit a lot

Ramos tablet on Monday, 24 September 2012 5:37 PM
Your post is very good. Thank you, very good study, let me benefit a lot

Car DVD Player on Thursday, 27 September 2012 6:24 PM
nice post, it's very useful for me, thanks for sharing!

Digital Camcorders on Thursday, 1 November 2012 4:40 PM
Thank you for your post, write well, looking forward to your next post's arrival, to force... close

Alonso Riley on Thursday, 1 November 2012 5:27 PM
Excellent content indeed! Brain is an important part in the human body. We should properly care for our brain. I think for keeping our brain healthy Turmeric is very useful for us. I really like this discussion. Keep it up.

ginkgo biloba on Saturday, 19 January 2013 10:43 PM
I am quite amazed to know these much benefits of turmeric.This can be used as memory enhancement in human.

HUAWEI Y210 on Thursday, 31 January 2013 4:49 PM
a review of its use in surgery and other indications which might be expressed by brands renowned for quality

Classic High Heels Green on Sunday, 17 February 2013 11:35 AM
What a good post here!? i like it!

maxidas ds708 on Thursday, 21 February 2013 12:34 PM
Aveo 1.4SE la pratique turbo électrique lexia 3 AK-47

tuxedo suits for men on Thursday, 21 February 2013 5:04 PM
Thanks for the brilliant tutorial. I never thought I’d be able to set up Ubuntu, but it happened. I’m quite proud of myself, and grateful to you lol.Thanks you really helped me out! I even got it working!

linlijun9linlijun9 on Monday, 6 May 2013 2:01 PM

Classic Jordan Retro 5 on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 1:31 PM
Kids have their own intellect of style which can be even more personage than adults. DEMI

Replica Hamilton watches on Saturday, 22 June 2013 4:02 PM
Thanks for your publication; wild style. Many thanks sharing your article.

Sexy corsets on Monday, 24 June 2013 2:24 PM
I like this article, written in very good, praise! Thanks!

r4i 3ds revolution on Tuesday, 25 June 2013 5:43 PM
Thanks for sharing

Women Nike Blazer Suede Vintage Low on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 10:41 AM
help with Search Engine Optimization? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share. Thanks!

Nike Air Max 2009 Shoes on Tuesday, 6 August 2013 12:16 AM
Good post,and like it very much,i will share it.

Nike Free Run +2 Shoes on Tuesday, 6 August 2013 4:55 PM
Good post ! I just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been conducting a little research on this.

Nike Air Max 2009 Shoes on Wednesday, 7 August 2013 12:10 AM
Good post,and like it very much,i will share it.

Nike Shox Classic II on Saturday, 10 August 2013 11:00 PM
Your content is very good, I really like it, maybe this is the best I have seen the article. Today there are new and have it tomorrow

Nike Shox on Thursday, 15 August 2013 7:11 PM
Good post !!An impressive share! I just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been conducting a little research on this.

Nike Shox on Tuesday, 20 August 2013 2:19 PM

Nike Jordan 4 High Heels on Saturday, 24 August 2013 12:40 PM
Thank you! I permanently wanted to write on my blog something like that.

Handbags Online on Friday, 17 January 2014 1:49 PM
The brain is the most complicated organ in the universe and thus the most vulnerable to damage. It is the command and control center that runs your life.

cheapbags on Monday, 11 August 2014 6:19 PM
louis vuitton bags cheap bags

stron on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 12:17 PM
After often the arrival with my kid attempting to you should make sure the best quality conditions regarding the It talks about answer like present day heater, new kitchen debut ? initiation ? inauguration ? introduction or even chiller utilizing state-of-the-art features

profile on Wednesday, 4 March 2015 12:46 AM
often have your personal to generally be fitted by way of experts relating to web-site. they may possibly not have any kind of complications and also would not meet