About Better Brain
Better Brain was started by Trix Harvey who has absolute passion for the science behind the therapy. This business is based on the belief that everyone should have a fair chance in life and that we as parents should do our outmost best to provide our children with the best possible future they deserve. The growth of my clients performance is the best job satisfaction anyone can have, knowing that you CAN make a difference.
Better Brain combines Neurofeedback, counselling and Cognitive training to enhance brain function for anyone who wants a better brain. We are located in Sydney, Sutherland Shire.
What makes Better Brain different?
Better Brain is using the SmartMind 2 Neurofeedback system and the Cognitive trainingCaptain's Log Brain Games.
As an Amen Affiliated Education Center we can also use the resources of Amen Clinics to educate, assess, and motivate our patients struggling with brain-based difficulties. In working together, with the Amen Clinics, we can help patients struggling with brain-based difficulties such as anxiety, depression, memory problems, learning struggles, weight issues addiction add and cravings.
By partnering with the Amen Clinics we are able to provide top level care for our patients who want to enjoy optimal brain functioning.
With the Captain's Log Brain Games it is simple to adjust the level of mastery your client is expected to reach, putting success within the grasp of lower level clients or challenging those individuals with higher level skills to stretch their cognitive abilities. Both SmartMind 2 and the Captain's Log Brain Game Modules can be easily customized to fulfill a variety of training protocols. Clients can learn to stay relaxed when faced with challenging cognitive exercises, thus enhancing their self-control. Progress can be tracked through easily understood graphs to show improvement.
Find out more or make an appointment:
Telephone number: 0410151430
Better Brain as an Amen Affiliated Education Center1. Take the The Amen Solution Master Questionnaire
How can you tell about your brain without doing a scan? For many years Dr. Amen has been aware that most people will not be able to get their brains scanned, either because they are not near one of his clinics or because of the cost. Based on over 63,000 brain scans, Dr. Amen developed a wonderful questionnaire to help people know about how their own brain functions. Because not everyone is insightful into their own behavior, he also encourages people who care about you to fill it out on you as well.
The questionnaire will only take about 20 minutes to complete and will help you understand the health of your brain and the brain type you may have. There is also a “Bad Brain Habit Quiz” to help you know about how your day to day behavior affects the health of your brain. Plus, there is a series of questions that evaluate 5 different brain systems, like Dr. Amen talked about in the show, and depending on how you score, suggestions will be made on how to balance your specific brain.
Of course, you should talk with your doctor, but this questionnaire will give you a great start to understanding your brain and specific ideas on what you need to do to make it healthy.
2. Specialised Questionnaires and Treatment Algorithms available
Trix Harvey's Qualifications:
- Alpha/Theta neurofeedback, 2014
- Neurofeedback Intermediate skills, 2014
- Working clinically with Violence in the context of refugee trauma and resettlement, 2014
- Current directions in Neuroplasticity, 2014
- Neurofeedback: Orientation to EEG assessment and intervention, 2014
- Current advances in EEG theory and it's application using Neurotherapy, 2014
- Anxiety, depression and the brain: applied strategies for treatment, 2014
- ADHD symposium - "Continuing the dialogue", 2014
- Neurotherapy workshop, 2014
- Working in culturally diverse contexts, 2014
- Diploma in Counselling (2013, currently enrolled)
- Certificate in Comprehensive Assessment for Neurofeedback Training. 2013.
- The Amen Clinic Method Training in 2012
- Certificate in EEG Biofeedback in Nov 2010 from the Neurotherapy Institute of Australasia.
- Certificate in Advanced EEG Biofeedback in May 2011 from the Neurotherapy Institute of Australasia.
- Certificate in Fundamentals of EEG Analysis in May 2011 from the Neurotherapy Institute of Australasia.
- B.Comm (Psychology with Honours in Business Communication) degree completed in 1999 in South Africa
- Cert IV in Small Business Management, 2011, TAFE, Australia.
- PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner, Scoll Methods, UK.
- Programme in Project Management (PPM), 2003, Pretoria University, South Africa
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology, 2004, University of East London, UK deferred.